Shaniya Davis Trial Postponed AGAIN! Until April, 2013
Last night, I checked on this case and there was nothing new on Google. I assumed that the wheels of justice were moving towards February 18.
Now, there is something, but not what I thought it was going to be. Yes, I did say, what the hell? This news broke about an hour ago. From WRAL-5 in Fayetteville:
Mario Andrette McNeill, 32, has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis, whose body was found in a kudzu patch near the Lee-Harnett county line on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing from her Fayetteville home.
Jury selection in his capital trial was supposed to begin Feb. 18, but it has been rescheduled for April 8 after defense attorneys were granted more time to review evidence.
The defense also is trying to hire a geologist to review the state’s analysis of soil samples from the kudzu patch.
Ya know, I am really wondering whether this man (and woman) is ever going to go to trial so that this little girl can have justice. Antoinette Davis may be tried in April, so said one of the last articles in 2012 about this pair. So that means that there is a possibility that the trials will run either consecutively or concurrently that month. Either way, I am still wondering what in the world is wrong with these people? Oh, yeah: they’re just trying to dot the i’s and cross the t’s, but this looks more and more like foot-dragging, thus compounding the wrong. This child was murdered nearly four years ago!
More later—there is no video yet, if any. I’ll see whether there are any updates and will post them here. Speak up and tell me what’s going on there. There is always something that the local news media is not saying about this case.
- Shaniya Davis Murder Trial Postponed (mccannexposure.wordpress.com)
- Mario Andrette McNeill, Accused Murderer of Shaniya Davis, Given Trial Date of February 18 and Faces Death Penalty; Mother Antoinette Davis to be Tried Separately (thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com)
- Trial Scheduled In Rape, Death Of NC 5-Year-Old Girl (witn.com)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
~ by blksista on February 7, 2013.
Posted in African American History, Alcoholism/Drug Abuse, Black People, Class, Crime, Cultural History, Domestic Violence, Drug Culture/Industry, Mental Health/Psychology, Murder/Manslaughter, Pedophilia/Child Kidnapping, Rape/Sex Crimes, Sexuality, The Mainstream Media (MSM)
Tags: African Americans, Antoinette Davis, Black Motherhood, Black Women, Bradley Lockhart, Butch Pope, Child Abuse, Child Rape, Child Sexual Slavery, Child Slavery, Children, Defense Attorneys, Drug Debt, Drugs, DSS, Fayetteville, Fayetteville North Carolina, Kudzu, Lawyer, Lee-Hartnett Counties, Mario Andrette McNeill, Mario McNeill, Motherhood, Murder, North Carolina, North Carolina Department of Social Services, Pope, Rape, Shaniya Davis, State Bureau of Investigation, Terry Alford, Trial, United States, WRAL-5
Comments are closed.