Shaniya Davis: The Trial is a Go for Monday, April 8, After McNeill’s Lawyers Are Denied Another Postponement
More than time. From the Fayetteville Observer:
Lawyers for the man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis were denied a second continuance in the case Tuesday in Cumberland County Superior Court.
Mario Andrette McNeill’s lawyers said they needed more time to consult with their experts.
Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons, who is scheduled to try the case, turned down the request.
Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday in the capital murder trial.
McNeill, 32, was originally scheduled to go on trial Feb. 18, but Ammons postponed the date to April 8.
The trial for Shaniya’s mother, Antoniette Nicole Davis, also has been delayed and should begin following McNeill’s case.
Checking to see whether this case is going to be televised or not. Remember, they still have to choose the jury before any proceedings can start. Will let you know one way or another. But this thing is finally on…
- The Shaniya Davis Case: Mario McNeill Facing New Charges as Well as Trial on April 8, 2013 (thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com)
- Shaniya Davis Murder Trial Postponed (mccannexposure.wordpress.com)
- Shaniya Davis: In Two Hand-Written Letters, Accused Murderer Mario McNeill Proclaims His Innocence (thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com)
- Shaniya Davis Trial Postponed AGAIN! Until April, 2013 (thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com)
- Shaniya Davis Murder: New charges of ‘Sex Exploitation of a Minor’ against McNeil (mccannexposure.wordpress.com)
- Suspect denies killing 5-year-old NC girl (newsobserver.com)
- Trials postponed in death of Fayetteville girl (sfgate.com)