In Case You Missed It: Trayvon’s Mother, Sybrina Fulton, and His Older Brother, Jahvaris Fulton, Testify for the Prosecution in the George Zimmerman Case
It happened almost the first thing this morning, while a lot of folks were probably at work. First, Sybrina, the mother of Trayvon Martin.
Then, Jahvaris. Jahvaris is attending college at Florida International University, majoring in information technology. His mother is a college graduate who works as an administrator for public housing in Miami. Tracy Martin, who was expected to take the stand but did not, is a truck driver.
So despite all the stereotypes, black people do get married and divorced and have children from marriages. They can create homes with a nuclear family and with a caring father. They can live regular middle class lives that are directed by study, success, and stability.
By the end of today, the prosecution will rest their case.
- Jahvaris Fulton says screamer in 911 call is his brother (local10.com)
- Trayvon’s Mother and Brother Testify in Zimmerman Trial (bet.com)
- Trayvon Martin suffered after bullet pierced heart, medical examiner says (newsday.com)
- Mom: Martin cried for help on 911 call (wptv.com)
- George Zimmerman trial: Mother says Trayvon Martin cried for help on 911 call (mercurynews.com)